Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hiho Hiho It's Off to Work I Go...

Following suit from yesterday.  Here is one of my gnome yard ornaments.  Don't get me wrong.  You would have to go on a hunt to find my gnomes.  And to be completely honest?  They're not really my gnomes.  They're Steve's. It's true.  He has a thing for gnomes...and so does my mother. *big sigh* So one might ask themselves why the fascination for gnomes? How does one end up with gnomes in one's yard or landscaping?  How does one MARRY somebody that has a thing for gnomes?  Believe me.  I ask these same questions myself.  The only difference is I know how this all came about and I think you should be privy to the answers as well. 

So, imagine Steve and I registering for gifts for our wedding.  I had the scan gun in my hand (smart me).  Well, Steve really wanted to have a go at scanning so after awhile I reluctantly gave in to his antics (stupid me).  Now, did he prove to me that I was worried for no reason? NO!  He proved to me that he CANNOT be trusted with a scan gun.  I turn my back for one second and he was off, cackling like a madman and wildly (and irresponsibly I might add) scanning GNOMES.  (This is where I always question how I went through with it- the whole marriage thing.  Then I remember that a weird somewhat funny fascination for gnomes is one of those things that fell into the 'I can deal with it for the rest of my life' category.  Besides, it's good material to poke fun with and truthfully we both always get a good laugh whenever the gnomes come up in conversation.)

How does my mother come into the picture?  She's a traitor. She purchased the gnome for Steve because (and I quote here) "What?  Steve should have the gnome if he wants a gnome."  ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS MOM?!?! *another big sigh*

This particular image is not a photo of the original registered for gnome that became a wedding gift from my mom and dad.  Oh no, this gnome is actually one of several that she has given us over the years AND there are little gnomes underneath him on the shovel. 

I really think they mock me.

2 comments:

  1. That gnome seems to be turning his gnome butt towards you. I think the gnome wins.

    ReplyDelete