Sunday, January 2, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Today, the world is missing an exceptional man.  I only knew this man through my father; they served in Vietnam together. Together, in my mind they're heroes. 

This is what I remember about him:  He is a man who served our country, was one of my father's closest friends, was kind, once had a dog so big it spread across the hood of his car, was ornery, had a sense of humor, valued friendship, loved a woman who was devoted to him, lived in NY and had a family.  I'm sure there is much more to know about him. I always liked the way he signed his name, Mike'L.  It was always a treat to spend time with him.

I didn't take this photograph but I can't imagine letting today on my blog pass by without honoring Michael Bashta.    He left this world this morning at 4:30 am.  He will be missed.  He is loved.  Rest in eternal peace, Mike'l.



This song makes me think of my dad and Mike.  Sitting on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing....as the wife of an Iraqi War vet, I truly do love seeing people honored and remembered. may He rest in peace.....Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna, for your kind words. God bless your husband and tell him that I said thank you.

    ReplyDelete