Monday, January 3, 2011

Red Robin and Tom George

Today Lela and I went to lunch with a good friend of mine, Tom.  Tom and I had a few classes together and then he moved to Idaho.  He was back for the holiday visiting family.  I was happy to be able to get together with him one more time before he leaves to head back --tomorrow.  The only thing missing was Lynette. 

Lela had the camera out quite a bit herself during lunch.  She's quite good with a point and shoot for a little one.  Tom even teased her about already understanding the rule of thirds.  She has an interest in photography and I think here in another year or so I am going to get out my old Canon Rebel and start teaching her the basics.

Anyway, here is a quick snapshot of Tom.  I had to sneak out the p&s and shoot from the hip at first which was quite comical.  Tom was nice enough to oblige (okay humor me) for this photo; so no hipshot here.  I think he realized I was getting a shot whether he liked it or not for the 365...I mean, he had been forewarned.  I stuck to it. 

Thanks for a fun lunch, Tom.  Hope to see you this summer if you make your way back.


2 comments: