Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just a lil' something...

So, lately, Imagene has been neglected but the 365 project has not.  In other words, Imagene has not been the go-to camera for this project lately and that makes me a tad sad because I do not just want to use her for 'work'.  I like to get her out and play so I am not sure why other than it is so easy just to point and shoot when I have a ton of irons in the fire like recently.

Anyway, today slipped away from me and as I was getting ready for bed I realized that I needed to photograph something for the day.  I grabbed Becca's p&s and quickly decided I was going to photograph the inside of one of my dresser drawers. Of course, yea for not having much control over this particular camera and it's settings, the photo didn't turn out like I had previsualized it.  At first, my initial thought was to photograph something else. Then, as I looked at it I realized that for me, there was beauty in the 'mistake'. I decided to keep it.  For me, this photograph reminds me that even though none of us are perfect we all have something to offer the world and can be beautiful in our own regard.  I did play around with it a tad in PS adding texture and burning the edges.  Here's the final result.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment