Friday, February 12, 2010

Mmmmm...

Texas Roadhouse!  *yummilicious*  This evening my family and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  We all love it and haven't been in awhile.  My husband has a giftcard from his parents that we thought we would use but he did not have it with him.  We decided it was best just to go instead of running back home for the giftcard because it was already 4:30 on a Friday night and we had not called ahead. (Texas Roadhouse does not do reservations but they do 'call ahead seating' and I highly recommend it because it does make a difference- at least in Omaha, NE!  That place is *always* packed)  I wasn't really keen on waiting forever because the natives were getting restless (aka the girls were hungry) and had it gotten much later we would have been looking at an hour plus wait time. Anyway, here is the funny part.  We had stopped at the mailbox before we left the house.  I don't like opening the mail in the car so I just sat it in the console and we went about our business.  When we got home fully satisfied from our scrumptious meal I sat down to open the mail.  My inlaws had sent me a birthday card and when I opened it guess what was inside?  A giftcard to Texas Roadhouse. HA! I had to laugh. 

Now, you probably think it would have been nice had I opened that card before we went to eat.  I might have agreed with you before I had time to think about it--- not so much now. I figure it is the best thing that could have happened because the way I see it is like this:  Steve still has a giftcard to share (he promised) and I have a giftcard. (....I made no such promise!) *grins*  Looks like I made out like a bandit. Thanks Mom and Dad Vining for thinking of me!  I can't wait to enjoy my filet. ;)

4 comments: