Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Imagene + Jackson Street Booksellers =

Old Market FUN!!!  Today I went downtown to the Old Market with Lynette.  She wanted to take in a couple galleries (which we did) for her class.  I brought along Imagene (for those of you who don't know and wonder who Imagene is, why that's my lovely 7D Canon DSLR!). I love shooting down at and around the Old Market.  I prefer the street photography side of things in lieu of the architecture but hey- it's all yummy in the end!  Anyway, right before we left I begged Lynette to go into the Jackson Street Booksellers bookstore. Poor Lynette didn't have a chance; had she said no I probably would have pushed her into the oncoming traffic or tripped her as we were jaywalking.  Plus, I had conveniently parked in front of the bookstore *wink wink* so it only made sense to take a looksee. Right? 

Thankfully for me and luckily for her, Lynette agreed and we went inside to browse the ENDLESS shelves of books.  Now, you have to understand...aside from God, my husband, children, family, Imagene and an assortment of other photography related items I LOVE BOOKS!!!  Seriously.  Remember that 365 blogpost about my affinity with perfume?  Well, I like to read whilst spritzing fabulous scents on my wrists. (not really but not a bad idea).  I seriously love love LOVE books.  I think it is because of the endless knowledge that can be gleaned from them, the places they can whisk us away to and the history they hold.  It's all very romantic.  *sigh*  Anyway, here is my image for today.  Thank you Jackson Street Booksellers for having such a ROCKIN' bookstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment