Saturday, January 9, 2010

I have a jewel of a jeweler. <3

Becca was in her room creating an original piece of jewelery.  She loves making custom jewelery pieces and I really enjoy watching her be so creative.  Her pieces are gorgeous and each one is an original piece of art.  I decided I had to photograph her at work on her latest creation.  I find the different tools she uses, how and what they are each used for during the process, all the colorful beads and different types of wires and clasps fascinating.  Who knew so much went into making jewelery?  I find it to be an impressive creative talent. 


Becca finished her project while I was updating the blog.  She made me a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, black, multi-beaded wrist bracelet.  I love it and must say it looks rather dashing on my wrist. <3 ;)

3 comments:

  1. That's cool she knows how to do that!!! And how sweet she made one for her mama! I wanna see it...love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Shelly :) and I agree--had I realized she was making me a piece then I probably would have waited to share it on here. Maybe after she makes me a matching set of earrings or necklace to go with it *hint hint, Becca* I can do a self portrait and model the whole set!

    ReplyDelete