Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Baby It's Cold Outside".....

Oh lovely Nebraska.  How I so do NOT adore thee this time of year.  Old Man Winter really has it out for us, I do believe.  What have we done to upset him so?  I haven't the faintest clue but he has successfully chilled me to the bone. *brrrr*  I am shivering now as I update this blog.  I was contemplating sharing an image of the front of our igloo- I mean  house- but my fingers were almost frozen off in the process.  I decided if I didn't have fingers I wouldn't be able to do a number of things, one of them being this 365 project.  I dashed inside and decided the best plan of attack to give Old Man Winter the finger (whilst keeping it attached to my hand) was to de-ice myself and get the blood flowing back into my frozen digits.  I accomplished this by sitting in front of the warm fireplace.  I do love a warm fireplace; especially when it is "14 degrees" outside. (That tidbit of icy information is according to the last time I checked the hourly weather update...I think they forgot the " - " in front of the 14 or are just very skilled in lying or perhaps they are in downright plain ol' denial.  Regardless, they're not fooling me!)  Hope you stay warm and cozy tonight. Btw, little Lela kept me company while I was warming up. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment