Sunday, January 3, 2010

Late Nights Are For the Dogs....

Talk about an extremely lazy day today!  LMR and I were up chatting into the wee hours of the morning-as in THIS morning. Between facebooking, watching happyslip videos and lots of laughter the night slipped away and before we knew it the clock was chiming 4:00 a.m. .  I am absolutely exhausted!!  You would think I would realize that I am getting to darn old to pull an all nighter but apparently I am in denial.  Of course, the bout of insomnia that I have been battling doesn't really make matters any better AND I was up bright and early at 8:00 this morning.  4 hours of sleep + me = sloth.  Which got me thinking that I could have given the greys a run for their money in the sluggish department today.  If I were a betting woman I would have placed all my money on me.  I was convinced that I would have placed first in LAZY until I started looking around at my greyhounds....who were all lying around looking perfectly content to stay in one spot.  Etta, my youngest greyhound, was up late last night hangin' w/ the big dogs ( ....that would be Lynette and me....) and look how well she fared today.  I don't think she has moved once ...other than to eat. Wow.  Maybe I do have more in common with my hounds than I realized........



1 comment: